We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Removing stressors...

I know I should have posted this much earlier. In a way I didn't want to say anything in fear of jinxing it...

About 11:30pm last night, mom's heart rate went down dramatically to the low 80's. I watched the monitor for a minute and seeing that it didn't bounce up and down as it had been, I asked JJ to keep time on it. Five minutes later, it was still steady at 81-82. Rachel, her night nurse came in and turned off the Diltiazem. Her heart rate maintained and she came in and turned off the Amiodarone. The term they use is that her heart rate "converted" and went back to a normal rythym. It's held through the night and the day.

Treatment has continued. The doctor came in and said that they discontinued the Vancomycin antibiotic since they found out what "bug" she has. He believes it should respond to the Doripenem. She has been put on full support of the ventilator to relieve any extra stressors being placed on her. Throughout the day mom has been given painkillers (Oxycodone, Fentanyl and Ativan) in hopes of letting her recover from the trauma of yesterday. She's been in a highly sedated but restful state through the day.

Thank you God for giving me one more day with my mom.

xox,
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment