We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

An elephant in the room...

When we got to the new room, there was a little elephant made out of towels on her tray. I pointed it out to mom and she laughed. It was a relief to see her get some of her spirit back so quickly.

She rested well through the night. Since she was in ICU dad stayed the first half and I went in the second. By the time I got in there, her nurse (Kelly) said that she had been able to take her oxygen mask off and reduce her back to 2 liters. She placed the monitor on her ear and said she was able to get a better reading. This was good because not five minutes earlier, mom was asking me to take the one that was taped to her finger off.

Shift change brought in "Bob" who was very stealth like and I almost didn't wake up when he came in to check her vitals. Almost. She was showing signs of a low grade fever - about 99. I asked for an ice pack to put behind her neck and when he brought it in, he gave it to me and said "I'll let you do this, since you know what she wants." As he passed it over the bed to me, mom lifted her head and he laughed saying "well, she knows." He laughed again when mom gave a refreshing "ah" as she laid her head down on it. She was given more pain killers at about 4am and was resting well when I left at 6:30am.

Both Kelly and Bob think that she will probably be moved back to a private room some time today. Dad said he will update me with any news.

Thanks for all your prayers and notes of support.

xox,
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment