We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PET Scan results...

First, mom had another good night. She fell asleep before 8pm after a pretty exciting day. She slept well through the night with minimal fuss during nightime checks on bloodpressure, bloodraws, turning over, etc.

She woke up about 5:30am and had me lift her bed so that she could sit up a bit and "watch tv". Well, at least she nodded "yes" when I asked her if she was going to watch tv. She fell back asleep and I held her hand and laid my head down by her side. Just before 6am, she stirred a bit and I asked her if she wanted me to lower her bed. She nodded "yes" and as I pressed the button, she stopped me and put her hand on my head and lowered it back down. Then she ran her hand through my hair a couple of times and patted my head. She's still my momma.

Mondo stopped by for a bit on his way to work and took my dad some breakfast. While he was there Dr. Pratt came in. This is what I understand was said;
  • Results from the PET scan: The tumor and lymph node in her lungs are active, but masses were not found anywhere else in her body.
  • Biopsy: The biopsy may or may not happen today. Dr. Pratt's biggest concern about the biopsy would be bleeding, so they have taken her off blood thinners. He feels it's a relatively low risk procedure. We haven't been given a time when the procedure will take place (we do know that she cannot eat 4 hours prior to it).

1 comment:

  1. Rivera Family, we have been following the story of your mom and praying for her. It is no easy thing to have somebody you love so dearly in the hospital, no matter what the reason they are there! We pray that God comforts you all in whatever way you need it! Hugs all around!

    Amy, Joe and the Kowalski Klan in Oregon

    ReplyDelete