We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Talking, smiling, singing, laughing...

Mom was in regular pj's yesterday. Well, like hospital scrubs. That was very cool to see. I don't know why, I guess because it made her look less fragile to me. She was hot at one point and had barely covered herself. But when the respiratory therapist came in, she pulled down at the hem of her top and pulled her sheet over her. It looked like a dispay of modesty to me, and that made me happy to see too. Could have been, and more likely was, that she was cold.

She slept for the first couple hours of the evening when I got there (she had just got her pain killers) and then all of a sudden must have got some energy because she woke up and starting hamming it up. Talking to us and smiling and laughing. Dad sang "Las Mananitas" to her while she was getting a massage on her back by her therapist. Mom has always loved that song and she perked up so excited and sang along with him.

It was a good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment