We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Procedure Report...

Just got a call from Mondo, and mom's bronchoscopy is done. The doctor explained that the scope needed to go down her throat and then 180 degrees back up into her lungs and it didn't do so easily. There was some bleeding which they coated with ??? and he was not worried about her recovery from the procedure. They were able to "brush" the mass and have sent the collections out for labs. He's not sure if they will be able to tell anything from it. I guess he didn't mention anything about being able to see if there was blockage either. At least Mondo didn't have that understanding. Results will take a couple of days.

I forgot to mention, the OB Oncologist came in yesterday and said that she would sway to the side of believing the cyst they found on mom's ovary is not cancerous. She mentioned that the area wasn't "hot" on the PET scan, but said she would order some blood labs to see if she can get more information. Again, she doesn't think mom is a candidate for any type of surgery biopsy yet.

By the way, when I stopped by for lunch, I heard mom had been having a pretty good day and had sat up for about an hour in her chair. Mondo said she was watching tv and laughed pretty hard at all the appropriate times. Wonder what she was watching?? When I came in I asked if she was going to work with her speech therapist and she gave me a face that said "No" and laughed. I told her she had to get on that if she wanted to get her voice back and asked her if she would practice singing happy birthday with me. This is one of the things the speech therapist practices with her. She opened her mouth and bobbed her head to the tune, and even though she didn't say the words clearly - she did sing (kind of hum) to me. Made us all so happy. Mondo is excited to hear her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment