We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love to hear you laugh...

I didn't get to see mom until about 5pm this evening. Having to go to work was painful, but thankfully my brother Mondo got to spend the whole day here with my dad. Kelly joined them in the early afternoon and then shortly after, Mario, Karen and the kids.

The day went pretty much as Mondo laid out. They took her for her PET scan, but no results yet. Not surprising, but hopefully tomorrow.

She didn't have her swallow test with the speech therapist as far as I am aware. Hopefully that gets passed tomorrow too.

Mondo reports that mom was really excited to see my uncle Lawrence who stopped in for a quick visit. She really has not seemed to have any problem recognizing people. Karen said that she had Sophia lay down with her in bed and kept adjusting and scooting over to give Sophia more room. Once the bed alarm went off, she moved over to the chair, where Mateo told her the story of how he did on his latest wrestling tournament.

Mondo also said she made a request for paper to write on. She tried to write with her right hand, and when that didn't work, wrote with her left. She focused extremely hard on it and when she began to get frustrated, Mondo suggested she try her left hand. She did, but she worked on guiding herself with her right hand for that too.

When I came in, she let me talk to her and responded with nods and sounds that seemed to be in the positive tone anyhow. At one point I asked her "Where's dad?" and she looks right over to him sitting on the couch and makes a big shrug with her shoulders and rolls her eyes like as if to say "I don't care". I look over to my dad and he says "Are you fighting with me?" and she busts up laughing. She thought that was so funny!

She's much more comfortable this evening and not picking at her lines as much. Praying for her comfort through the night and another good day tomorrow.

xox,
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment